The songs of Scotland have been derived from a variety of sources, including:-
- Robert Burns - whose influence has been very pronounced
- the border ballads - Sir Walter Scott has been highly influential in this regard
- the bothy ballads - especially from the North East of Scotland
- the fishing communities - especially up and down the East Coast of Scotland
- the street songs from our main cities of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen
Who are the Scots?
Lewis Grassic Gibbon
(James Leslie Mitchell)
(1901 - 1935)
Journalist turned author best known for his trilogy 'Sunset Song', 'Cloud Howe' and 'Grey Granite'.